Monday 26 September 2011

Draw-It! Poster

Characterising Architecture



My poster for an exhibition on drawing consists of two A2 pages, so that the flow from the length of the building is better and doesn't seem cut short.
For this poster I researched a bit more on layout, so that I could improve on my overall composition. I still feel the white space is disorganised, however by having a direction line along the middle I am able to visually guide the viewer to the information and control what has important over another.

The order of images relates to the theme of 'Characterising Architecture'. Through the process of drawing architectural drafts to experimenting with rendering, the effect a drawing style or form has on the character of your building became increasingly apparent to me.
Hence, the first (left) drawings are the elevations, representing a flat perspective, but still giving credit to the drawing type. The text follows, so that the viewer can be made aware that a change is to occur, and also because it balances the darker strip in the top right corner. Finally, a composition of different drawing styles and renders are composed together to compare the styles and the feelings from each. The images are arranged alternating around the coloured separator to accentuate the feeling of swapping over to a different style[/side]. Set translucent in the background, the floorplan ties everything in both as a base for a building but also to connect that each character expressed is still drawn from that same floor and that architectural drawings are important for this reason.



One disappointment with this poster is the image quality. On the verson of Photoshop that I have, I was unable to properly retain the detail of the rendering, and the transparency of the backgrounds. I fear this has hindered the professionalism of my poster. 


From this module, this experience of character has stood out the most to me, and so I felt obliged to respect that lesson in 'setting up' an exhibition in its honour. 

No comments:

Post a Comment